Monday, November 10, 2008

blogger n00b

So, I don't really know how this works nor do I have any overarching theme in mind for this blog. I created it on impulse, what can I say?

I figured I'd start out by posting some of my photography work. I've realized that I invest so much time and effort into my photos only to find them piling up on my desk at home. I don't usually display my photos and I'm not really sure why, but it is something I love doing and might as well share it. 

The image is a polaroid transfer onto a tile. The process is awesome--you basically have to cook the polaroid paper (different than the kind you use in polaroid cameras) which makes the emulsion of the image lift off into a super thin slimy goo. Then you can put it on pretty much any surface.

As for the significance, I don't have any sisters but the subject of the photo plays that role 900 miles away. I met Aerie on a mission trip to Peru two summers ago. I can only shoot film of her every so often (distance is a bit of a barrier) so this tile is pretty freakin sweet in my book. 

No comments: